Confirmit’s Annual B2B Summit in New York offered attendees insights that will help reduce churn, increase efficiencies and boost sales
Key Takeaways include:
- Canon Solutions America – “Using alerting within a VoC program is critical, particularly for B2B organizations where every account represents significant revenue. Without an early-warning system, companies may never know that a customer is considering alternatives – it’s an area that absolutely proves the Return on Investment of a B2B VoC program”.
- West Monroe Partners – “Always remember customer experience and employee engagement go hand-in-hand. You must create an engagement ecosystem in order to drive positive change.”
- Philadelphia Insurance - “CEO and other company executives should get excited to hear customer complaints. These complaints give us the answers on where we need to go next!”
Attendees at Confirmit’s B2B VoC Summit in NYC on May 11, were urged to “just do it” as part of a discussion around the role of customer feedback within B2B organizations. Leading practitioners, including Canon Solutions America, Philadelphia Insurance, and Tyco SimplexGrinnell shared a number of best practices and recommendations around building a Voice of the Customer program, including guidance around ensuring that planning doesn’t prevent actually taking action.
Keynote speaker at the summit, Paul Hagen, Senior Principal, Customer Experience at West Monroe Partners, spoke about methods that B2B organizations can employ to evolve their customer experience programs from the common CX mantra “find a broken process and fix it” to “designing breakthrough customer experiences” that create a true competitive advantage. He also highlighted the critical role of employees in delivering world-class customer experiences, reminding attendees to “always remember customer experience and employee engagement go hand-in-hand. You must engage the whole ecosystem including employees in order to drive positive change.”
Award-winning CX leader, Seth Hall, Senior Vice President of Customer Service at Philadelphia Insurance, described how Philadelphia Insurance evolved its customer experience program to deliver tangible business benefits. In just a few years, Philadelphia Insurance’s NPS® score skyrocketed 10 points, overall satisfaction scores are now greater than 95 percent, and revenue retention is better than 90 percent. He explained that negative feedback is viewed positively within their business, stating “CEO and other company executives should get excited to hear customer complaints. These complaints give us the answers on where we need to go next!”
Confirmit’s principal CX consultant, Stacey Nevel led a panel discussion featuring:
- Zancesca Spagnoletti, AVP of Customer Service, Philadelphia Insurance
- Don Montour, Customer Experience Analyst, Tyco SimplexGrinnell
- Joellyn Ball, Senior Manager of Customer Experience and Data Management, Moore Medical
- Kim Collins, Sr. Director, Customer & Employee Engagement, Canon Solution America's Enterprise Managed Services Division (EMSD)
Panelists openly shared their challenges, experiences, and expert tips for success on topics ranging from improving response rates to driving employee engagement in the program and demonstrating Return on Investment. Kim Collins of Canon Solutions America, explains “Using alerting within a VoC program is critical, particularly for B2B organizations where every account represents significant revenue. Without an early-warning system, companies may never know that a customer is considering alternatives – it’s an area that absolutely proves the Return on Investment of a B2B VoC program”.
Key highlights are summarized by Nevel who explained “what was clear is that a lot of the success of a Voice of the Customer program is around communication – whether that’s being able to gain executive buy-in at the start, or communicate successes around the business to keep all team members engaged. Ultimately, we can plan and plan, but in order to see success, we need to just jump in, get started with our program and build on our wins.”
Winner of the recently-announced 2016 Confirmit ACE Awards were also recognized during the session. Winners in attendance included Asurion, Grant Thornton, Moore Medical, Philadelphia Insurance, and Tyco SimplexGrinnell.
Read more about the best practices discussed at the event on the Confirmit Blog, and learn about Canon Solutions America’s involvement in the Summit here.